Friday, June 6, 2008

Weekly Wrap-up

So another week has come to an end. It's hard to believe I've been up here for, what, three weeks now? At times everything passes me by so quickly it's a blur; others, it lazes its way along and time can't move fast enough. Those days are mainly my days off, sadly enough.
Well, the weather up here this week has been really bad. We were hit by a storm Wednesday afternoon, effectively shutting down that day, Thursday was so rainy, wet, and cold that we were inoperable that day too. And to top it all off it's been extremely windy all week long. Today was still windy, but at least the sun peaked through late into the evening.
I'm actually going to be working tomorrow, which means my first Saturday of not sitting at home lolligagging about. It works in two ways: it makes up for the hours of pay we lost this week to weather (Sandy's main concern) and it gets me out of the house and doing something which I enjoy more than just sitting around doing nothing. I have just recently beaten my Mario game on my Gameboy Advance, so that's one less thing to keep me busy. My Grandmother seems to find more than enough things to advise me not to do, how to do it, or how much she wants it done. It certainly has seemed that way as of late. I just nod and smile usually because they're not super serious things most of the time and only a couple of them have I really thought about saying something to her. This week, due to the raise in prices of pretty much everything in part because of raising oil prices (it's going to $150/barrel again), she just asked me to "try to wear your pants for at least a day or two more than usual". Okay, I'm a guy like any other, so OCCASIONALLY, usually in rushed circumstances, do I have to re-use a pair or pants. And even then I try to find the least used, least worn, best condition pants I can find to wear. I am a pretty clean person. And I'm sorry, but I can't wear the same filthy pants that have been mud splattered, weed grated, and dirt washed from working outside all day for any longer than I absolutely have to. So I'm exploring my options as to how I'm going to fix that little dilemma.
Well, I'm supposed to be making dinner tonight and I should really get to that before it gets too late or she gets to annoyed. So I'll update real soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey... if you haven't been keeping up with Adventures of a Literary Mind, you should saunter over there and take a look... there are some things there you'll find amusing, and I'm always up for comments. :)