Thursday, May 29, 2008

The First Week

Okay, so I'm like a day off. But still. I am having a pretty great time up here. The first few days were slow and Tuesday was really bad for me mentally/emotionally, but I'm all good. I just recently got a landscaping job up here with some really nice folks, Sandy Fliniau and her husband Charlie. Oh, and you can't forget the dog Chelsea. lol.
I started work just the other day and it's been going GREAT. I jumped into the middle of their project on the new North Park Medical Clinic. They had just started...um, decorating I guess you'd call it, the front entrance (which come to find out, wasn't the front entrance. It was the south entrance). They had only layed down the weed barrier (God I hate weed barrier) and had hauled in a nicely sized rock. They had also planted two rosebushes. So I started helping near the beginning of the project. We hauled in about five or six more rocks. And I do mean hauled. I kid you not about the size of these things. These rocks are probably the size of a small dishwasher. But anyways, we also planted around a dozen roses and some cotoneaster (pronounced Cah-tone-ee-aster), that's like a small tree-bush. We layed down some mulch and watered the plants and boom! we were done.
I kinda miss home, but not really. I have plenty of stuff to keep me busy so far. I should be getting paid at the end of this week. $8 bucks an hour. So I should be getting...let's see...five on Wednesday....I got home 5:30-5:45 today, so...about 8 hours today.....so that's 8*5=40 and 8*8=64....so 64+40=104 dollars so far this week. So I expect another 5 or 6 hours tomorrow so that's another 40-48 dollars. So I'll probably make about $150 this week. Not bad, I'd say. Not bad at all. :D
Well, Grandma Helen wants to make pizza and Lost is about to come on T.V. (which is something I don't watch much of up here), so I'm gonna hop off for the night. I'll update tomorrow or the day after, whichever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gah! I haven't seen Lost in about 3-4 weeks... I'm so far behind, it's ridiculous! :p

Anonymous said...

YEAH YOU GOT A JOB! YOUR GRANDMA HELEN IS SOOOO NICE:) HOPE YOU HAVE MORE AWESOME FUN:) LOVE YA!