Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Days in Walden

My first few days in Walden have been officially boring. The first official day I was here was Sunday. So I got up and went through my daily routine as always. I then decided to join my grandmother in going to her Methodist Church to see what that was like. It was okay. Personally, I think it was practically the same as any other church I've been too, but with small tweaks to the layout and the names of certain things. So, all in all, it was same old same old.
After church, I accompanied my grandma to the North Park High School graduation for the class of '08. She insisted I go so she could introduce me to some of the kids she knows through various connections so I would not just be sitting at home all the time. Yeah, that's working well...:/. After the graduation ceremony, she wanted to swing by this party for these two girls she knows, just for a little while. SO, I ended up standing around for like 30-45 minutes, doing absolutely nothing in particular and looking like a complete fool. Always great for starting a new reputation. But anyways, I think over the course of the day I met like 20 people. The only person I really remember was this girl, who I think was named Carly (I'm REALLY bad with names, so I don't really know) and that was only because she was like one of the last people I was introduced to.
In other news, I have applied for 3 different jobs, but no news yet. I am hoping I will be able to get a job at this place called the Moose Creek Cafe. I love that place and it would really be a joy to work there this summer. During my times alone here, during both night and day, I have done quite a bit of reading. I have finished State of Fear by Michael Crichton and have just started Five Patients, also by M.C. In case you are wondering, I started reading State of Fear from page 213 (that was where I left it at the end of the school year) and finished it last night. That is I think 851 pages in 2 days. Tells you how much time I've had to read. Not that that's a bad thing. I certainly enjoy reading. But I would also like to do other things. That's why I can't wait for the weather to warm up (we've had 3 storms already) so that I can do things like go swimming, and hiking, and bike riding.
Well. I don't know when I'll be updating this one, but I will try to do it as much as I can as long as there is some significance to the day. More for later.

6 comments:

Yokanchi said...

cool, good to hear what's going on.

Chris Robinson said...

You Suck!

I wish you were here and i was up thare so i could laugh at you beacouse you would be bored and i wouldent.

but I serously hope that you have some fun and get that job you wanted at the cafe...

Zach said...

nice im really sure you remember that carley girl because she was the last 1 u met. (wink wink) lol jk. hope your summer gets more exciting or im not goig to keep reading it lol have fun devin
zach

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWW POOR DEVIN:( I HOPE YOU GET TO DO SOMEMORE AWESOME STUFF THIS SUMMER. WHO IS CHRIS? ZACH YOU ARE SO RUDE. I HOPE THINGS GET BETTER, AND YOU STILL BETTER E-MAIL ME EVERY NOW AND THEN. LOVE YOU, AND YOU BETTER KNOW WHO THIS IS.

Chris Robinson said...

to answer your question KOOLMNTGIRL i am a kid that goes to school with devin.
I met him when i joined the climbing team

Anonymous said...

OH, THAT CHRIS OK NOW I THINK I KNOW EVERYONE THAT HAS LEFT A COMMENT.