Monday, April 27, 2009

Book Day!!!

Once again a favorite part of this term has come: Book Day! Due to our partnership with the Boulder Book Store, the Book Club is graced with the delivery of a box of books every so often. I love these days. I mean, what's more exciting than a box of free books? The last time we received a box of books, I picked up nine books. Consider that each book costs approximately $15. That's $15*9=$135. That's quite the savings. :D So today I practically skipped my way to Mayville's so that I could peruse the newest box. With my perfect timing, I arrived right on cue as Chris and Mayville arrived at the door with the books, meaning I didn't have to carry any haha. It seems that we had a large collection of romance-style books this time around. I really didn't feel like any romance books, so I only picked up one book of that style. Three of the books that I picked up were about the supernatural, two about vampires. In fact, one of my pick-ups today was the third installment in the Chronicles of Vladimir Tod series that I have been rather impatient to read. Great series, light-hearted with just enough seriousness to give the story real meaning. I can't wait to read this new addition. I picked up another, unrelated novel, and the last book I picked up was a short ethics book. I am interested to see if any of the "wisdom" held within its pages actually proves to be wisdom at all. We shall soon find out. Other than those, I still have about three or four books that I still need to read and review. All of my book reviews can be read on http://achsbookclub.blogspot.com/

No comments: